Read during the summer and
win a Hot Air Balloon visit!
As the presenting sponsor of the Annual Spirit of Boise Balloon Classic, CapEd invites area elementary kids to stay sharp all summer by participating in Read to Rise.
Read to Rise is a summer reading incentive program for elementary school children in Southern Idaho (Regions 3 & 4). This program encourages students to continue building their reading comprehension skills by rising to the challenge of reading throughout the summer.
The top 5 schools with the most minutes read will receive a CapEd Hot Air Balloon inflation demonstration and an assembly on balloon aviation at their school!
The 2017 winning schools have been chosen!
Thank you to all who participated! Together all students read nearly 200,000 minutes!
List of 2017 Winners:
- Kenneth J Carberry Elementary School – 79,906 minutes read
- Kimberly Elementary School – 106,310 minutes read
- Notus Elementary School – 18,320 minutes read
- Trail Wind Elementary School – 37,139 minutes read
- Cynthia Mann Elementary School – 17,244 minutes read
2018 tracking sheets will be available in May of 2018.
Photos of 2017 Winners
Trail Wind Elementary
Cynthia Mann Elementary