Membership at CapEd does more than save you money over traditional banks and lenders. Your membership supports Idaho’s teachers and students.
Members Gain Access to Our Wide Range of Financial Products & Services
In addition to enjoying lower and fewer fees with no hidden charges, members also enjoy perks & discounts for entertainment and more.
Qualifying for Membership is Easy
We’re not just for teachers! Here are the different ways you can qualify to join CapEd.
- Join The Idaho CapEd Foundation
- When you join the Idaho CapEd Foundation as a Sustaining Member Volunteer, you qualify for membership.
- Family or Household
- If any members of your immediate family* or household** are currently members, you qualify for membership.
- Employment or Volunteering
- If you work or volunteer for, or are you retired from, any facet of the Educational Industry in the State of Idaho, you are eligible for membership. If any members of your immediate family* or household** meet this qualification, you qualify for membership.
The Idaho CapEd Foundation is a non-profit organization that funds worthwhile educational endeavors that include the CapEd Teacher Grant Program. Minimum donations are $1 for students and $10 for non-students.
*Immediate family members are considered as parents, step-parents, adoptive parents, siblings, step siblings, adoptive siblings, grandparents, grandchildren and spouses.
**Household members are considered as living in the same household and sharing living expenses.
Apply in Person
To open an account at an office, you must bring:
- A driver’s license or other Government issued identification, including Student IDs.
- Your Social Security Number.
- Cash or a check for at least $5.00 payable to CapEd FCU.
If you don’t have the time to come into a branch, you can give one of our Member Service Representatives a call at (208) 884-0150 . The Member Service Representative will mail everything you need to open a CapEd Account, even a postage-paid return envelope. To join by mail, visit the membership forms page.