If you want a checking account with no hidden fees that earns more, let a CapEd High Yield Checking account reward you!
Benefits and Rewards
- Earns more than a regular checking account with 2.50% APY1 on balances up to $10,000
- Nationwide ATM refunds2 up to a maximum of $25
- No monthly service fees
- No minimum balance required!
How to Qualify for Rewards
- At least one direct deposit or automatic payment must post or clear on your account each qualification cycle.
- At least twelve debit card purchases must post and settle on your account each qualification cycle.
- Must enroll in online banking and accept disclosure to receive eStatements.
Sign up for a High Yield Checking account
- A CapEd membership is required to open a High Yield Checking account
- Only one High Yield Checking account per main Social Security Number (SSN) is allowed.
- A current email address must be kept on file
Get $100 and Give $100
Open a CapEd High Yield Checking™ account and you’ll Get $100 deposited directly into your account3 and you’ll be able to Give $100 to a school of your choice. It’s a win-win for you and education!
Generate a promo code by selecting a school district, school, and program in the drop downs below. Copy and paste the generated promo code into the promo code field on the High Yield Checking sign up page.
Select a school district.
Select a school.
Select a program.
Your Promo Code:
Request a New Member High Yield Checking Account
Request This Account as an Existing Member
|$0 – $10,000 (qualifications met)||2.47%||2.50%|
|Balances over $10,000 (qualifications met)||0.20%||0.20%|
|$0 – $10,000 (qualifications not met)||0.05%||0.05%|
|Balances over $10,000 (qualifications not met)||0.05%||0.05%|
All Checking Account Rates
How will I know if I’ve received my rewards?
- Members receive monthly emails to the email address associated with the account indicating if they qualified for rewards during the qualification cycle.
- Requirements are waived during the first qualification cycle and the high yield rate is earned regardless of whether the requirements are met.
What are the qualification cycles?
- Qualification cycles begin on the last day of the month and end the day before the last day of the next month.
What happens if I don’t meet the qualifications for the rewards?
- After the first qualification cycle, the non-qualifying APY1 is earned and ATM fees will not be refunded during any qualification cycle the requirements are not met. Members can start over the next month and work toward meeting the requirements to earn the higher rates.
1 APY is Annual Percentage Yield. Rates are accurate as of the last dividend declaration date and may change after the account is opened. Rates are earned when qualifications are met. Fees or other conditions could reduce the earnings on the account.
2 Nationwide ATM fees, up to a maximum of $25 each qualification cycle, when qualifications are met.
3 To receive your $100 deposit and give $100 to your selected School District/Foundation, earn the 2.50% APY on balances up to $10,000, and get the ATM fee refunds, you must meet qualifications in any of the first three full qualification cycles after your account is opened. To meet qualifications, 12 debit card transactions must post and settle to the account during the qualification cycle; at least one direct deposit or automatic payment must post and settle this account during the qualification cycle; and, you must enroll online to receive eStatements.
If you have any questions, please call our Member Services Department at 208-884-0150 or 800-223-SAVE (7283).