Tips When Using Debit/Credit Cards While Traveling
If you are planning on traveling out of the area soon, please call us at 208-884-0150 or 800-223-7283 or login online and send us a secure message.
- Store a copy of the front and back for your card in a secure location in case your card is lost or stolen.
- Call right away to report your card lost or stolen: Debit – 1-800-233-7283 and Credit – 1-800-991-4964.
- It is wise to carry more than one form of payment for emergencies. Suggestion: Travel Money Cards or other Credit Cards.
- Some international ATMs may only read the balance in your checking. If you know you will need money from savings we recommend you transfer from savings to checking before you leave. If the ATM has the option to withdraw from savings or checking, funds can be withdrawn from the account you choose.
- When you use your debit card at a merchant the purchase will be deducted from your checking account. For more security, we recommend you run your transaction as credit and sign for the purchase.
- Keep your receipts from all transactions to verify they have posted for the correct amount.
- After you come back from your trip, keep an eye on your account for up to six months.