Capital Educators Federal Credit Union Privacy Notice
Capital Educators Federal Credit Union is owned by its members and run by an elected board of directors. You can be confident that your financial privacy is a top priority of this credit union. We are required, by law, to give you this privacy notice to explain how we collect, use and safeguard your personal financial information. If you have any questions, please contact a member services representative at 208-884-0150.
We are committed to providing you with competitive products and services to meet your financial needs, which necessitates that we share information about you to complete your transactions and to provide you with certain financial opportunities. In order to do so, we have entered into agreements with other companies that provide either services to us or additional financial products for you to consider. Under these arrangements, we may disclose all of the information we collect, as described below, to companies that perform marketing or other services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. To protect our members’ privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell the information we provide to them to other third parties.
Information We Collect and Disclose About You
We collect and may disclose non-public personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on membership and loan applications and other forms;
- Information about your transactions with us and others;
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency;
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide in an application or other forms, such as your current or past employers or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions.
We may also disclose information we collect about you under other circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union, follow your instructions as you authorize, or protect the security of our financial records.
If you terminate your membership with Capital Educators Federal Credit Union, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as permitted or required by law.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who have a specific business purpose in utilizing your data. Our employees are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality and member privacy. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations and leading industry practices to safeguard your nonpublic personal information.
Capital Educators Federal Union uses current technology to protect your account information from exposure to unauthorized persons. Some of the components of this security system include:
- Both an account number and password are required to access the eBranch home banking system. Your browser must support 128-bit encryption to scramble data that crosses the Internet. If you enter your account number / password combination incorrectly five times, you are locked out of the system for three hours. You may contact our Member Services department for a quicker account reset.
- Verisign, the recognized leader in Internet security, allows you to verify the security features of our eBranch service.
- You are responsible for protecting the secrecy of your password in accordance with the terms contained in your Membership Account Agreement.
- To enhance the usability of our web site, we include links to other sites. Capital Educators Federal Credit Union is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these other sites. It is your responsibility to check out the other sites’ privacy statements to see if they meet your privacy needs.
- Caped.com uses third party analytics and cookies to collect non-personal data regarding site usage including but not limited to visits, page views and browser capabilities.
- The Caped.com Search function uses Google, a third party search engine to search our site. The search queries, or terms entered in the search field are unencrypted and transmitted to Google. The results are then returned to us and displayed on the resulting CapEd.com Search page.
- E-mail is not secure; therefore, we will not e-mail any confidential information, such as account numbers, security words, passwords, etc. to you. We also encourage members to not e-mail the credit union with private information they would not want other people to see.
- eBranch does provide a secure message link that is behind password protection on a secure server. You may rely on that for secure communication to your credit union.